My 2012 Marathon Qualifying Races | Girl on the Run

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My 2012 Marathon Qualifying Races

Ok, I'm aware I'm a pretty anxious/type A person. I also know it might seem silly to plan out what races I'm doing 6 months from now, especially shorter races that will most likely be run as "training runs." But believe me, if I don't plan ahead, I will totally forget about getting my 9 races done for the 2012 marathon until the last minute - or worse, I'll end up shut out and have to test my luck with the lotto. I am also toying with the idea of running a fall marathon, so I don't want to be stressed about waking up early for shorter races the day after long training runs. So without further adieu, here's my proposed race schedule...

*April 23 - NYRR 4 Miler
*May 17 - American Heart Association  Start! Wall Street Run & Heart Walk
*May 21 -NYRR Half Marathon Series: Brooklyn Half Marathon
June 5 -  NYRR Celebrate Israel Run Presented by the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York (4M)
June 11 - NYRR New York Mini 10K
July 30 - NYRR Half Marathon Series: Queens Half Marathon
August 28 - NYRR Half Marathon Series: Bronx Half Marathon
September 25th - ING New York City Marathon Tune-Up (18M)
October 9th - NYRR Half Marathon Series: Staten Island Half Marathon
* = already registered

If I do go ahead with a fall marathon, Brooklyn will be my last chance to race a half marathon. My pie-in-the-sky goal is to break 2 hours, but I think that might be a tad ambitious. Realistically, I would love to just set a solid PR and to finish strong to head into marathon season.  Stay tuned for my training plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment