7 Things About Me | Girl on the Run

Monday, May 2, 2011

7 Things About Me

So my friend Lisa over at Early Morning Run passed on the "Stylish Blogger" award to me about 2 weeks ago...and I've been kind of slacking on actually coming up with seven random facts about myself. 




1. I love food...but I'm a really picky eater
How is that possible you ask? See, I love cooking new concoctions and trying out some of the city's most celebrated chefs...as long as it's something I like!  I don't eat a ton of red meat (no particular reason, just never grew up on it) and I don't really eat seafood (although I am working on learning to like milder white fish). But I have come a long way from when I was younger in terms of exploring my palette

2. I'm deathly afraid of snakes
If i went to a psychologist, I would probably be diagnosed with a real phobia.  I'm not sure how or why or when it all started...but even if I see a snake flash across the TV screen I will let out a blood-curdling scream.

3. I'm a kid at heart
I devour Harry Potter books in one sitting, I spent my 25th birthday running the Disney Princess Half Marathon, and have a weakness for sugar-filled candy (especially if it's pink). 

Slightly delirious after being up since 4 am...but birthday/post-race dinner...complete with a Snow White cake

4. I grew up in Miami...but don't speak a word of Spanish
I didn't actually grow in the city, way more in the suburbs, but still - I've taken classes from 3rd-12th grade, and still don't understand a word. Thank you, Miami-Dade Public Schools.  I do appreciate a good arepa or gauva pastelito - does that count for anything? 

 5. I have the worst luck with electronics
I'm actually somewhat knowledgeable about computers - but for some reason, they always seem to crash around me. Laptops, cell phones,  DVRS - even the locker system at Island of Adventures crashed on me when I tried to grab my stuff once (they run on Windows, and you can use alt-control-delete,  in case you were wondering) Let's hope my Garmin watch is not next (especially during a big race!!)
Yes, it is possible to crash these things

 6. Numbers stress me out
Whether I'm trying to figure out what the sale price of a dress is or trying to predict what my finish time should be in a race - forget it.  I literally get anxious and super frustrated...how I survived pre-cal classes back in the day, I have no idea.


7. I tend to count my chickens before they hatch.
I'm a type A planner - I can't help it, sometimes!
My iPhone is my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment