Stupid Bug, Can't You Go Bug Someone Else? | Girl on the Run

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stupid Bug, Can't You Go Bug Someone Else?

Ugh, for the past few days I haven't been feeling quite like myself. My stomach has been on/off upset, and I just feel like all my energy has been zapped away. My boyfriend got nailed with a really bad stomach bug a few days ago, and I think I have a mild version of it.

Monday I went for a short run - I was only due for 3 miles on the schedule anyways - and honestly, my legs just felt like complete lead. I could barely maintain a 10 min/mile, and I thought about slowing to a walk/run for the first time in a really, really long time. 

Yesterday I thought about skipping out on my conditioning class, but then I remembered that I'm actually paying for it, so I forced myself to go. I made it through the class, but I definitely didn't feel I was able to give it my all.

I slept for over 10 hours, and still couldn't get out of bed. I'm due for a 6 mile run tonight, including 4 miles at half marathon pace, but I just want to hide under the comforters. I'm going to do my best to power through it...but if I don't hit the speed I need, I'm not going to kill myself over it, either.

At least I know my bed is waiting for me when I finish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment